- This event has passed.
SOBAASS Parent meeting
January 19 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Greetings SOBAASS Family!
I’m so excited to reach out about our monthly meeting. I hope this email finds you all well. For those of you who are new to the this group, we are headed into our fourth year with the Southern Oregon Black African American Student Success (SOBAASS) Grant. If you would like to know more about the grant, please reach out and I would be happy to share more information. One of the ways we build community and inform our practice is by holding monthly family meetings.
Parents/Family members of students who identify as African American, as well as, parents of Black Immigrants meet at least once a month to provide an update on issues and concerns from the District levels (All Southern Oregon schools) and the State level (Oregon Department of Education). We also use this time to bring up any issues that students may be having in their schools that we need to address. I so look forward to connecting with you all.
1. To be an advocate for our students
2. To be support for our parents
3. Make sure our districts are educated on issues dealing with racial equity, as well as, properly trained in equity and anti-racist behavior.
Our meeting will be this Wednesday January 19th at 5:30
McLoughlin Middle School
320 W 2nd St, Medford, OR 97501
Please RSVP here so we have food and childcare correct:
3. Update on where the SOBASS program stands for the year.
4. Update on programs (i.e., Afro Scouts, etc.)
5. Listening sessions
6. If you have any questions